I just started taking tri-cyclen lo pills on March 11 (one day after I started my period, but it was still considered a Sunday start) I took them at the same time every night, and on the 8th day, after taking 8 pills, my boyfriend and I had sex, and he ejaculated in me. For these pills it says you only need an additional form of birth control for the first 7 days of taking them, but im still very worried. Help! Are they only a little bit effective at protecting against pregnancy at this time? Should I be worried? Should I have not done that? Should I get the plan B pill?? Your answers would be grately appreciated. :-)

You are safe =)

When you start the pill on your period you are protected immediately, otherwise it takes 7 full days for it to be effective.

The pill is actually not 99.9%

It is 99% with PERFECT use.

Thankyou :-D So it doesent matter if youve been on the pill for, 1 week, 2 weeks, or 6 months- with perfect use it will be 99% effective??