Hi, during the month of november i had strep throat and had to take amoxicillin. I am also on birth control pills and I noted that the pill bottle said it may alter the effectiveness. During the time when i was taking amoxicillin, I did not have sex. As expected, I got my period on time. When I got my period, I had been done taking the amoxicillin for about a week. At the end of my period, before I started my new pack of birth control pills, my boyfriend and I had sex. Even though, I had been done my taking the amoxicillin for about a week and a half, and I had already gotten my period for that cycle, am I still susceptible to pregnancy? I am almost positive I am not pregnant but I still tend to be very paranoid and worry about it even the chances are incredibly slim. I would greatly appreciate someones opinion.

Hey
I just got a perscription for amoxicilin this morning (also for strep) and I am on tri cyclen. The pharmacist noticed that I was on tri cyclen and told me that it would only be affected WHILE I was on the amoxicilin, so no need to be worried!!

I am on Alesse and I am finished my pack of pills. I had my tonsils out because I always get strep throat so I am on Amoxicillin. It slipped my mind that it affects the pill because it wasn't in "pill form". It is banana medicine. So I just forgot. I had sex but it was after I was finished my pack of birth control pills. Is the chance lessened that I could get pregnant because ovulation occurs around the 14th day and I was finished the pack of pills? My period is supposed to start in a couple of days.

I can definately relate I also get very paranoid with these kind of things, my family has a bad gene somewhere and guess what i got it so babies are a scare for us. I am on amoxicillin for about 7 days now for a bacterial infection and i have one week left of birth control left to take, what are my chances of getting prego? And to the lady b4 me, I did google how do you think I found this page, very rude sounding to me...

I just started my amoxicillian yesterday (Sunday) for a sinus infection, and I have one week of bc pills left to take... I have a friend who is a medical doctor, and she said that Amoxicillian does not affect birth control pills... I am going to take her word for it...

To the lady who posted on 12/31/09... Did you manage to avoid pregnancy?

I am taking my medicine for an infection too, I'm like so scareddd.

7 years ago I was taking Amoxillin and I was on the pill. I did get pregnant. I had been on the pill for years.
I took the antibiotic for 7 days only. I must have had sex 2 times in those 7 days and I got pregnant.
So he can defo get you pregnant.

I did.

I had sex 2 days before today and I just got amoxicillin for my wisdom teeth removal. I haven't missed one pill and I plan to use a back-up method after today. Will I still be protected even though I had sex before taking amoxicillin?

in reference to the post above the exact same thing is happening to me right now i started taking amoxicillin today and had sex two days ago while on birth control. i was worried that if there was something left inside i wouldd get pregnant because i thought antibiotics cancel out bc. but i have looked at a lot of medical sites and there is no proof that it affects it that much

Most doctors recommend using a back-up method of birth control while you're taking antibiotics and for seven days after the antibiotic course is complete, just to be safe.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

But did u use a condom