:x
I have stop taking the pill for a month and a half and I have been breaking out of pimples like a teenager. Is this normal?? Any one else
has experiencing this abnormality?? Help. :cry: :?

Birth control pills are supposed to eliminate acne. In fact, birth-control pills are often prescribed for hormonal acne. Low doses of estrogen help suppress the androgens produced by the ovaries, and the newer progestin agents, including desogestrel and norgestimate, are less androgenic than those found in older formulations. While only Ortho Tri-Cyclen and Estro-Step are currently approved by the FDA for this indication, experts agree that low-dose contraceptives improve acne regardless of which formula is used.

Before you stop taking the pill, be sure and consult your gynecologist as there may be an alternate pill you can take that will help the break-outs rather than cause them.