Hey guys just got prescribed the Lo/Ovral birth control pill and was wondering if anybody suffered any weight gain with this type of birth control pill since that is my main concern.....and if so do you recommend and other types of birth control pill?

Lo Orval made me gain a lot of weight, which was almost impossible to take off..And yes, I eat extrememly healthy, and usually swim atleast an hour a day!

Nuva ring is one of the types of birth control which usually causes fewer side effects than any other method.

AN IUD is non hormonal, so you would not agin any weight or have the same side effects as the pill.It is called Paragard, it is an IUD.

paragard.com

I am not allowed to 'link'.. But feel free to check out PARAGARD IUD.

Lo Ovral didn't make me gain weight, but I had all of the awful side effects. They were supposed to subside after three months, but by month five, I was tired of feeling sick.

Stay away!!! This pill is the worst!!! Never have I ever felt so fat and disgusting. I have never in my life had acne, ever!!! And now it's on my face, chest and back and I ahev only been using for a month. I mean BAD!!! I seriously warn you, stay away!!! I used to be on Ortho tri cyclin low and it was the greatest. I switched because I wanted to be able to skip periods which is only possible with a mono-phasic pill, but it's soooo not worth it! I am switching back next pack!!! Do yourself a favor and if you have started taking it stop!!!

i have been taking lo orval now for a little over a year and i don't think that i gained more than 5 pounds from it. before that, i was on ortho tri cyclen and i gained 15 pounds when i started taking that

I started taking lo ovral shortly after giving birth and by my six week check up i had lost 25 lbs. also over the next six months I continued to loose weight, and ended up weighing 10 lbs less then pre pregnancy weight (no diet or heavy exercise) The down side was I had to stop taking it because I had nausea every day ,for an entire year :-(

I have been using lo ovral for a little less than a year, minus one month when I tried the nuva ring (and didn't like it). I haven't gained any weight as a result of the pill and I don't experience any side effects. If anything it also helped with my acne (although it was never bad) I also like the fact that I can skip a period if I have something important going on.

I have been taking lo orvral for a month now and I have had nothing but problem bein on this pill. I have gained at least 10lbs in the past month and I feel bloated all the time. I don't look at myself the same way as I did before. I had had fevers and muscle spasms, headache, migranes and feeling sick all the time. I have hardly a sex drive. I had no problems with the pill that I was taking before. I'm going to switch back to my old pills!!!

I was on lo-ovral for over 10 years. Never gained an ounce from it, never had any negative side effects. I switched to ortho-tri-cyclen because it was cheaper and I felt awful for 3 months. I'm switching back to lo-ovral now and feeling back to normal. I even quit smoking while on it and didn't gain more than 2 pounds. But then I'm not prone to gaining weight or acne anyway; I'm prone to losing weight, and this helped to prevent me from becoming medically anorectic (which is not the same thing as anorexic, btw). So it doesn't suprise me that it encouraged weight gain in those prone to it.

I work in health care though I'm not an OBGYN or CNM. But please understand that no one can tell you how any birth control pill will affect your body. Hormones affect us each in our own ways, and even hearing 20 stories with the same side effects will not necessarily prepare you for how it will affect you!

Take care of yourselves. :)

I have been on it for 3 years and love it. I never noticed any weight gain but I ran out and it took me a month to get more and I lost 5 lbs.
I have tried others but they all made me sooooooo sick.

I am a 32 yr old female who has had to take pills to regulate my period sense I was 16 years old. After having 2 children- I finally linked my horrible migraines to a birth control pill problem, so I was switched to Lo Ovral to try to prevent triggering migraines. The Lo Ovral was GREAT as far as helping prevent the migraines being so frequent, however....I have NEVER been overweight in my life and after 1 month of LO Ovral I gained FIFTEEN lbs. I have weighed less than 125 lbs all my life, and now I weigh 139.5 lbs. Before I could eat all I wanted all the time- Now I have stopped drinking sodas, stopped eating any fried foods, stopped all junk foods other thank occasional 90 calorie snack packs (no more than once daily). Yet my weight continues to be a problem. I also have never had acne problems, but now have disguisting acne on my neck and chest ALL the time- which I have yet to get under any sort of control. I feel like a disguising blob all the time- bloated, fat and just plan out awful. :'( I feel like I am choosing between having severe migraines or being a fat, acne covered whale.

I actually lost weight, i havent had any trouble iwht it, except depression.

hi. i have a real quick question about wanting to skip a period.

im due for my period tomorrow and have taken 2 sugar pills. sunday and monday.
if i take 2 active pills today (pretend like i missed them) and take an active pill for today, tuesday-will i skip my period tomorrow?????

I've been taking LO OVRAL for almost 3 years now and it's worked great for me! I only gained about 5 or 10 pounds and as far as brake outs I only get that problem zip once in a blue moon! On a plus side my periods are only 3 to 2 days long and extremely light!! I considered getting an IDU because I'm so forgetful to take the pill, but I decided the side effects were not worth it. Its up to your body what works though.