I was first prescribed Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I am 25 now. It was when I was 22 for ovarian cysts. It did a pretty good job of keeping the cysts at bay, but they still popped up every once in awhile. The side effects I had with it were depression, especially around my period. I don’t know is it because Ortho Tri-Cyclen or this could happen with any birth control pill?

Well, they all claim that side effects from birth control pills are uncommon. But I know that women are experiencing breakthrough bleeding and spotting that continues beyond the three initial cycles of pills, breast tenderness, stomach upset, mood changes, anxiety, depression, frustration, anger, or emotional outbursts, increased appetite, increased sensitivity to sun or ultraviolet light, nausea, skin rash, acne, or brown spots on the skin, tiredness, weight gain, etc.. I was on orthi tri-cyclen for a while too.

Is it possible to lose weight because I am on my first month of taking tri cyclen lo and I am losing weight I dont have appetite to eat and I am forcing myself. I do get stomach upset, tired a lot, also this morning I felt burning urination but I drunk cranberry juice and it went away I dont know if it is because of the pill or no. And I did get the breast enlargement side effect too. But I dont know if losing weight and decrease in appetite is good or no.