Hello! Is it true that brith control pills cause weight gain? I am already a little bit overweight and I really don’t need any extra pounds. However, I do need a protection as I entered a serious relationship and we can’t afford so much condoms. Can you recommend me birth control pills that cause the least weight gain? Thx!!!!

Hi! It is scientifically not proven that bc pills cause weight gain. However, most women report gaining weight when being on pills. From what I heard, the bc pill that causes the least weight gain or any is Ortho Tri-Cyclen. But, you don’t have to choose pills as your contraceptives. There are many methods now. You can always go to a clinic and see there what sort of contraceptive is the best for you.

YEEES !  they do make u gain weight. i was on them for a while. & i got up to 135 :$ i now weigh 118. but it all depends on what kind u get. if u ask for one with NO HORMONES u will not gain weight. but along with weight gain i also went up about 2 cup sizes!!!