Why do many musical artists wear a bandana wrapped around their right wrist?

I noticed this with the lead singer for maroon 5, and then last night Cheryl Crow..

May I join you Ranger, I have no idea

It's the secret society of the right wrist bandana. The only ones who know how you get in are the ones who are already in.

I thought it was just a fashion trend. I didn't think there was actual significance to it. :shrug:

Come sit with me on the clueless bench, Ranger. Excuse my mess, though, I'm here on the clueless bench quite often.

:shrug:

Bandana??? Is it possible it's hiding a wrist support because our rockstars are aging?

The bandana is generally for guitarists or bass players. The ones I know do it to keep sweat from dripping onto their hands and making the pick slippery. Or, to be able to wipe the sweat off their forehead. It's serving the same function as an athletic sweatband, but cooler lol.

mmm...hot lights....sweat wiper?

Seems obvious to me. :shrug:

mmm...hot lights....sweat wiper? Seems obvious to me. :shrug:
is it red or blue? Sheryl might be down wit da Crips.....

When my now 45 year old son was in grade school it was popular to wear one around their thigh. I have no idea if there were different styles or colors to signify anything.

CLUELESS!

You asked...

and no I don't know the answer either.

Then why not wrist bands?

I was clueless before, but now.....

totally clueless!