Users comments and reviews on article Sex or Mothering? by Margaret Paul, Ph.D.

It sounds really great that you were able to help her out. I know that it's not always true that people who are gay are that way because they ahve a bad relationship with their parents but sometimes they are. I'm glad that she was able to figure out her problems thanks to you. Thanks for posting this!

I was abused by a female teacher when I was 7 years old. I backed away from any affection as I suppose I sexualised it. Am now in my 50's, have no problems with sex but I still feel I missed out on the mothering (holding) feeling. Since I read your article I have taken a cuddley toy to bed and do feel much better. However, I feel I will never really get over it and don't know what to do. When my mother dies I know I won't be able to cope as she is the only reason I have continued living. What next?

Was abused by a female teacher when I was 7 years old. Always been afraid of women, am heterosexual but miss mothering. Take cuddley toy to bed which helps but it is not the whole answer, so what else can I do. Would take too long to explain problem.