Users comments and reviews on article Anxiety, Depression and Self-Abandonment by Margaret Paul, Ph.D.

I really wish that everyone on this forum could read this becasue I think a lot of people feel intense anxiety when they ahve health issues. I think that I read more about self-abandonment on another article of yours but this one is really helpful. THanks for posting on this because I feel like this information is really helpful. I will try to implement it in my own life!

Right_ i found that article really interesting. Self -judgements ( i thnk ) come from somewhere though. If your child sid something neative and you caught them, as a paretn youd be the first to butter them up, rap them in cotton wool and tell them "IT NOT TRUE-YOU ARE BEATIFUL" Its easy to be self critical, Ive done it all my life/ Seeking reassurance from others does help and even though it can be really anoying ( as a reassurer) It can help. So my point, and i dont mean to cause offence asI did find this article interesting, but ympoint and I will argue this, negativity comes from somewhere, so I argue that therefor it is from our past experiences as the more self contented perrson has a heallthy inner-child That more contented person was probably never bullied, dressed in clothes from good shops , comes from a well united background, where theres been no innerbreeding o.O Ruling out biological factors for depression/anxiety/stress/self abandonmentgain its back to the old nature nurture debate (Yawn!) and Id give this article a rating of 3 as its not so easy to love yourself against all the odds-is it? 8-| 8-| But having read it.I will pretend to think postively...I am gorgeous, I will find another mand, I will be loade ( with money0 andno one i sgoing to kill me....there, thats better than any anti-depressant! Or are they just starting to work

Daftydil, you totally have a point. I know that there's always reasons for this but I think the best thing to do is to try to stop letting the past drag down your present. I have had some pretty upsetting things in my life too, and what I've had to do is fake it sometimes until i've gotten happier. Believe it or not but fake it until you make it does work. Keep your sense of humor, Dafty!! XD I think it seem to work best for you.

Great artical I will take this information and run with it. Thank you