My periods are heavy accompanied with lower abdominal pain. I took some pain relief drugs, but I am trying not to be very often. I suspect that I might be having endometriosis.
I recently found out that there is characteristic menstrual cycle with women who suffer from endometriosis. I would like to know it is there a characteristic menstrual cycle of the woman who has endometriosis? I have irregular periods. I am 36 now; I got my first period when I was 12 years old.

My doctor explained me that it is greater possibility that women with endometriosis begin their menstrual cycle at a significantly younger age than women without the condition. I have endometriosis. I have severe frequent cramps and intervals between my periods are shorter. This is more prevalent in women who have a regular cycle than in women who have an irregular cycle. Since you have irregular periods there is low risk that you have endometriosis because women with a greater number of menstrual days had twice the risk of developing endometriosis. I’ve been told that intercourse during menses might increase tubal activity and increase the backflow of the menstrual cycle through the tubes and thus increase the risk of endometriosis, but I’ve never heard that someone experienced something like this. Anyway you should consult gynecologist about it.

The most common symptoms of endometriosis are pain before and during periods (usually worse than "normal" menstrual cramps), during or after sexual activity, infertility, and heavy or irregular bleeding. Other symptoms may include fatigue; painful bowel movements with periods; lower back pain with periods; diarrhea and/or constipation and other intestinal upset with some periods. Some women with endometriosis have no symptoms. Infertility affects about 30-40% of women with endometriosis and is a common result with progression of the disease.

Irregular, heavy and painful periods are all symptoms. You need to go to a doctor to get it confirmed though

i am a 17 yr old female and the last 3 months i have had :'( cramps that i have never concidered having i bleed more than normal and it hurts to go to the restroom sometimes.
do you have any advice or does it sound like any thing you know of ?