Since switching from OTC to TriNessa (Generic Ortho Tricyclen), I have had severe mood swings, acne, and a major loss of appetite. I am planning on switching back to OTC. They told me that the ingredients are the same in the generic brand, but I don’t think so. Why do I have all these side effects??

I took TriNessa (Generic Ortho Tricyclen) for six months and just stopped taking it. I had every side effect listed occur at some point taking TriNessa (Generic Ortho Tricyclen). My periods were normal and after about a month I stopped spotting, but the last month was the worst and I too have an infection. Hopefully now that I have stopped taking TriNessa it will go away.

I take ZOLOFT, but at one time I took PROZAC...I took GENERIC PROZAC and all heck broke loose! I had bad side effects, and other problems.

I do not know exactly how to explain it to you, but some women just do not do very well with generic medications.

It is wise to switch back to OTC if you liked it better, and it worked with your body.