I have a question for you. I have problem with insurance. My health insurance no longer covers Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, so According to the insurance's formulary guide, the generic equivalents listed for this BC pill are Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec and Trinessa. Those three are also listed for Ortho Tri-Cyclen and that doesn't make sense to me. I found that Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo contains 25 mcg ethinyl estradiol and I have not found out what amounts of these "ingredients" the Tri-Sprintec contains, which is what my gyno's office wants to prescribe me. I would like to know if Tri-Sprintec is a equivalent to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo?

I asked around about your problem. I was interested to know because I am also on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. So, I’ve found that currently there are not any generic prescriptions for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. You are correct that Tri-Sprintec is a generic form of Ortho Tri-Cyclen. It has a slightly higher dose of estrogen than Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. I think you should consult with your health care provider about what type of oral contraceptive prescription is best for you.