I AM ON PRISCIBED SUBOXONE 8 MG FOR LAST 8 WEEKS. I HAVE CUT DOES TO 2 MG AND FEEL LIKE A NEW PERSON. FOR THIS OUTPATIENT TREATMENT I HAD TO GO AND JOIN MY FRIENDS IN OTHER COUNTRY SO I CAN NOT GET HEROIN EASILY.
MY LIFE HAS CHANGED BUT AFTER I LEFT US FOR THIS TREATMENT MY GIRL FRIEND BROKE UP WITH ME AND I FEEL VERY DEPRESSED. LOCAL DOCTOR HERE COULD PRESCRIBE ME ZOLOFT BUT HE IS NOT FAMILIAR WITH SUBOXONE. HE IS NOT SURE IF I CAN TAKE ZOLOFT WITH SUBOXONE.
IS THERE ANY RISK IF I START WITH 25MG ZOLOFT WHILE ON 2MG OF SUBOXONE?
THANKS.
KC

I take 150mgs of zoloft a day and 20mgs of suboxone a day..and its fine...

It is not a good idea to take suboxone in conjuntion with zoloft. while you may not feel like there is a problem I have been told by at least 6 addiction specialists that the only safe anti-depressant to take while on suboxone is EFFEXOR. Suboxone and Zoloft sre in direct conflict with one another due to their similar actions. NOT A GOOD IDEA even if one person says it's OK. Trust me on this one. Get another opinion. Talk to an addiction specialist in the states.

There is absolutely no truth behind this comment about EFFEXOR being the only safe anti-depressant to take while on Suboxone. Actually, it could possibly be the worst. You are obviously lying...I am an addictionologist and Effexor is a drug that I rarely ever prescribe. It is an SSNRI that is very "activating" in terms of the effects the drug has on Norepi. Zoloft on the other hand, is more suitable for a recovering opioid addict to use to augment their treatment with suboxone. Although, slightly outdated, I have seen zoloft work for many patients who are also on Suboxone. I should also note that Zoloft usually is more effective on women than it is on men. I do not know why. My SSRI of choice would be Lexapro. At 10mg it is extremely effective with the least amount of side effects. Some patients take up to 40 mg with no reported side effects. It is the most selective of the seratonin reuptake inhibitors. Zoloft, Prozac and Lexapro are much more suitable for an individual with a past history of drug abuse. On the other hand, Wellbutrin, Effexor and Cymbalta are not favorable in the treatment of Opioid Replacement Therapy patients. Please take my advice and listen to your dr. Get all your meds from the Dr. that prescribes your suboxone (all your psychoactive meds) and if you need to see another dr. make sure to ask the sub doc before you take any new prescription. Zoloft is a great drug. Effexor is garbage for most opioid users.

I am on suboxone and I was just prescribed Effexor and I thought I was dying. I started shaking, puking, blurred vision, headache and I am still trying to shake it off and that was yesterday. I feel really weird. My friend in Ohio is an addictionologist and I have emailed him for advice. I appreciate the info that you all have made available.. Anyone with advice is appreciated. I am a recovering Heroin addict and had used for 26 years before getting clean, so I know my chemistry is totally screwed up.

Thanks

I am currently on suboxone 4mg a day, i was taking 16mg but have come down due to the fact i was loosing alot of weight, im thin to begin with. I have struggled with depression off and on my whole life, ive taken wellbutrin, zoloft, cymbalta, paxil, celexa none of which i felt really did anything. the only true thing that worked was opiates. my question is what would be a good anti depressant to take with the suboxone that doesnt cause weight loss. one of the post say prozac lexapro and zoloft are good for opiod addicts. thanks for taking the time to read any info what so ever will be great i see my doc today at 1:30 EST to discuss.

My doc put me on 8mg suboxone, and 50 mg zoloft about 3 weeks ago. he is a doc authorized to prescribe suboxone so i assume this is a safe practice! (At least i hope)! I have faith in my doc!

Soboxone and zoloft! I am a recovering pill addict, from oxy,roxy, percs, and tabs whatever I could get and when I didn't have them which wasn't for a full day I would feel like death , there is NO other way to describe it unless u have been down that road PERIOD ! THE ANSWER IS YES....to taking soboxone with zoloft I started on soboxone in March 20th of this year and it is a GREAT drug , I have been thru a lot in life so i deal with a few things that i could better on , so i asked my sovoxone specialst which he is a Dr and a physicaologist , and knows a lot about addiction ! That's a little about me , but the answer is yes zoloft and soboxone is absolutely fine , I'm still takining them together now, hope this helps

Those symptons will go away within 3 days...be patient

i habe been on subs for 7 years...my main dr just gave me a week to get off subs and get om vivitrol....needless to say it didnt work....fouund a new dr who is phitrist also and says thta my7 serotonin is low which is why i need somehong like zoloft to stabilize it....  i tale alot of testtosterone so i amnt worried about sexual sides.

i just want to keep my sub dose  under 8mg and zoloft as low as possible and just feel hppy again.....start back at gym toorrow, that shoud helo alot

My boyfriend just started with both of these medications an was worried i they we're OK together. Thanks for all the great advice.

My doctor calls Effexor "side effectsor" because most of the patients he subscribed it to complained of still being depressed with serious side effects the only result. Effexor is a last resort. Have you ever taken Effexor and tried to wean off ? If you take Effexor (and it helps)and run out of medication which can easily happen on a temporary basis you will be introduced to the living hell that accompanies that situation.

I went to Dr.Freeman in boone, nc. he would not take me as a patient to begin suboxone because I am taking 100mg of Zoloft. I cant continue the methadone clinic due to my job hours. I told him he was my last resort so I didn't turn to pills and he said... "i'm sorry, good luck to you. call us if you get off the depression meds." I feel I have no help...

Hi can u drink alcohol while on subs n sertraline

I taking 6mg subs n 50mg sertraline but want to have a few pints I know sertraline is OK with a few pints n so is subs but what about all 3 together