Did anybody try to go from Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO to some generic Ortho Tri-Cyclen (e.g. TriNessa, Tri-Sprintec)? I read up on both pills. It seems that LO has 25 µg ethinyl estradiol, whereas the medicines not labeled as LO 35 µg ethinyl estradiol. Does it make any difference in terms of the side effects? Will I gain more weight if I switch to the higher dosage?

My insurance company decided to increase my co-pay on LO some I am wondering whether the generic higher-impact version will still be ok.

Thank you.

I went from Tri-Care to BCBS and had to change my BC because of the price.. I have been on Tri-Sprintec since Dec. and am not experiencing horrible break blue bleeding. Its brown and lasted for 3 weeks. My doctor ran all sorts of test and the only thing she could think of was the BC. She said it was from being on brand name for so long (8 yrs) and then switching to a generic. Something about the hormone change.