My friend is using Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for the past few months and she is satisfied with it. I was thinking about going on the pill so I would appreciate if someone could tell me more about this birth control pill. Are there some conditions that are contraindication to the pill?

Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo is a birth control pill and its generic name is ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate. Before taking birth control pills you need to go to your doctor to be examined. You need to tell him if you have some conditions like heart disease, angina, high blood pressure, asthma, migraines, seizures or epilepsy because you may not be able to take birth control pills, or may require a dosage adjustment. You have to know that taking birth control pills during pregnancy is prohibited. Even if you think you are pregnant, do not use them. Take birth control pills exactly as directed by your doctor and one pill every day, no more than 24 hours after your last dose. Taking your pill at night can help to reduce any nausea or headache that you experience because of the hormones. Missing a pill increases the risk of becoming pregnant and takes it as soon as you remember. You can also take two pills at the time of your next regularly scheduled dose. If there is a case of overdose, death is not likely to occur. However, you need to consult your doctor. The most common symptoms of an overdose are nausea, vomiting and menstrual bleeding in females. You also need to know that a birth control pill can not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases. The most common side-effects of birth control pills are an allergic reaction, blood clot in the lung, liver damage, high blood pressure etc.