Hello, for a year now, I have been suffering from heavy, thick, white abnormal lotion like discharge that came on after taking augmentin. It never itches or burns, but it is extremely uncomfortable to live with. I am 26 and not sexually active. I am not over weight and eat very healthy. I have been to 9 different gynecologists and had swabs and cultures taken and all come back normal with normal ph (4.0). My latest gyno calls it leukorrhea (excessive, thick, chronic vaginal discharge of unknown origin.) She agrees the discharge is much too heavy (as have all the other gynos i've seen) and wants to put me on low dose birth control pills in the hopes that the low estrogen in the pills will dry this up. I'm afraid of this and would prefer to know other people's experience with bc in this way. Has anyone taken birth control pills for excessive discharge or has anyone been on a birth control that has stopped excessive vaginal secretions? If so, which bc worked for you? This stuff comes down every 3 minutes, all day, every day. I know females are supposed to get discharge, but this is just not normal. I just don't feel clean anymore and I want my body back. I am looking into Beyaz. I appreciate your answers.

Hi Nikki718

I will list some side effects of Augmentin below -

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:

• diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it;
  • pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
  • easy bruising or bleeding;
  • skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
  • agitation, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior, seizure (convulsions);
  • nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
  • severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.

Less serious side effects may include:

• mild diarrhea, gas, stomach pain;
  • nausea or vomiting;
  • headache;
  • skin rash or itching;
  • white patches in your mouth or throat; or
  • vaginal yeast infection (itching or discharge).

You may be experiencing yeast infection and discharge. Get a second opinion. Stopping Augmentin may resolve the issue.

Yes, low dose birth control is usually prescribed to arrest heavy blood loss or extended periods. Suggest you get another opinion

Good luck