I will list some side effects of Augmentin below -
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medicine and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it;
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness;
- agitation, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior, seizure (convulsions);
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild diarrhea, gas, stomach pain;
- nausea or vomiting;
- skin rash or itching;
- white patches in your mouth or throat; or
- vaginal yeast infection (itching or discharge).
You may be experiencing yeast infection and discharge. Get a second opinion. Stopping Augmentin may resolve the issue.
Yes, low dose birth control is usually prescribed to arrest heavy blood loss or extended periods. Suggest you get another opinion