My family Dr. has been monitoring my WBC for more than a year due to elevated levels discovered before a surgery in February 2008. He decided to send me to a hematologist who has now ordered the bone marrow test for me in June. My WBC have ranged between 11-17 over the last year, the most recent results showed at 17. He says the cells look good, there are no immature cells (?) but he thinks I should have the bone marrow test just to be sure. I have taken thermalean as an energy booster and wondered if anyone knows if the ingredients would have the same reaction as epinephrine which I have heard can raise your WBC. The ingrediants are; Mau Huang (standardized for 8% ephedrine), Kola Nut (standardized for 50% caffeine), Chromium Picolinate, and White Willow Bark. Any info is appreciated.

I am always leery of herbal supplements in place of medicine. I think that it's important to realize that herbal supplements are not regulated like pharmaceuticals are, and that often what you take is not what is printed on the bottle. On top of that, there are no studies on their efficacy, so there's no way to tell that mau huang works the same way as epinephrine. I hope that at least gives you a little insight into the issue.