My lab tests came back and my white blood cell count is 16.8, it was 14 something 3 mos. ago. I have constant lower back pain and now my legs hurt so bad I could cry and my hands hurt. Is this a sign of bone marrow disease or leaukemia? I also found a lump in breast the size of a golf ball, does this have any connection? I am really feeling bad and now I am scared!!!!! Takes everything I have to go to work. I am a school secretary so its not strenous. What kind of dr do I need to see? Have a appt at family dr but sometimes I dont think they know what to do.
Thanks, Lucee1958

What is the outcome of this? Did you get your results? Are you OK?

i have the same syptoms and have seen several doctors of different expertiese. my legs hurt constantly and my white blood count has been very high over the last several months, and no doctor seems to be able to figure this out. sometimes i think they are guessing, i've had several tests but know luck of diagnoses. any info from you might help me, and i will share the same. please reply.

Im 19, and when I was 9 I had high white blood cell counts, they found it was nothing and let it go. Just recently I had a blood test taken showing I have a high white blood cell count once again, it was at a 16. I took three more blood tests, I have absolutely no signs of infection or any of that. Ive been having stomache problems but they cant relate it to my white blood cells. The doctors sent me to see a hemotologist who still cannot figure out what is wrong, because all of my blood work shows that i am extremely healthy.. besides that. So once again I had another blood test taken to check my bone marrow levels i believe. Im on the same page somewhat.. hope everything gets worked out.