I have high white blood cell count. I have to wait 2-3 weeks for another blood test, also I went to have thyroid and iron test which came back fine but showed white cells it’s a long time to wait. I know that they are responsible for protecting the body from infection and malignancy. Is there anyone with same problem? Is this sign for infection?

I have same problem but my white cell is too high. My counts have been, 19 then 13.4 today came back at 16.8 my doctor has no idea. She sent me for a CT scan and urine test which came back with white cells in it. Apparently this is not normal I see her again in a couple of days to see what scan says, but she decided its time for me to see a specialist. I know that High WBC may indicate infection and leukemia.

I have the same problem my white blood cell count came back at 29 and then the next day at 16.1. My doctor had decided to just go right to the specialist beacuse all my other numbers are very strange. All of my other tests came back as normal. I go to the specialist on the 30th of Jan. Hope I can find something out. please let me know if you have any idea what it could be.

Hey guys. Yes, it can be a sign of an infection and that can be real pain. Also, high white blood cell count can be an indicator for many diseases such as allergies or all sorts of infections as well as some serious conditions such as leukemia and such. So, I strongly advise you to go and see someone about your issue, because it could quite possibly turn out to be something serious and that can't be good. Time is the key factor because you can prevent it from happening by going as quickly as you can and let us know how it went

hi i dont know how much this will ease your stress but i have had a high white blood cell count for 12 yrs now they have run lots and lots of tests but never have found anything they cant explain it but i am fine and hopefully this will help relive some of your stress i can rember how much i was worried

Hi:

I also have a high white blood count 13.4 today, last month it went from 15,001 down to 12.4. No one can find out why. I think sometimes a high white count is nothing to worry about, but I'm not sure...

Julie

Please help. My white blood cell count has jumped to 17 and now the doctor is sending me for an abdominal CT scan to check for an enlarged spleen. I'm terrified I have leukemia. The wbc count jumped from 6 in february 2006 to 12 in August 2006 to now 17. I have CONSTANT YEAST INFECTIONS which is how I ended up going to the doctor in the first place. I've been given various treatments for the yeast infections, but they always come back, to the point where I get them every month now. Not to mention that I feel tired and lethargic. I have suggested to several doctors that perhaps I have a candida overgrowth and they all say that that is a bunch of "hooey", "there's no such thing." If anyone out there has been through this or has some words of advice, please reply. My toddler keeps asking me to take her to Disneyland, I'm afraid I won't be around to take her and I feel sick to my stomach from my doctor's phone call today. Thanks.

Having read your query, i've also been told i have a high white blood cell count. this is caused by an infection.

:?

Hi, could you tell me what kind of Specialist your doctor is sending

you to?

My doctor just does not seem interested with me repeatedly having an'elevated white blood count. I am concerned as I know how I feel.

Thank You, Ladybug2

I went to the Dr last week for a physical, having not felt great for a while and he found that my wbc was 23,000 (repeated to confirm). I have been having generalized aching with a dull pain on my left side and constant headaches. I am going in for a CAT scan of my spleen tomorrow. I don't have an appendix or gallbladder. What are the possible causes of my symptoms?

Hi i just been for the same tests last week and was told i had a high white blood count. My doctor asked if i had a cold or felt unwell recently, and i did have had a cold and this may be a reason why your count is high!

takecare

My white blood count is elevated which Dr says is not normal other tests are pretty normal accept I found out that I am borderline diabetic , and my cholestral is 280 (High). The only thing she asked is if I a=have had a colonoscopy , which I discussed with my gastro Dr , he said he would like to wait for that when I turn 50 , which I do in June . It does have me very puzzled though , why is it elevated . Which I can say I have been under allot of emotional stress lately !! Please reply

I have had a high wbc for 9 months now. My problems started with abnormal bowel movements. Now I have a long list of symptoms and nobody knows what is wrong. Here are my symptoms:

Fatigue
Pain in my throat
Ulcers in colon
muscle pain
joint pain
edema
dry eyes and mouth
dry vagina
ear fullness
itching
and more...

I have been reading a lot on this subject because of a friends son who may have leukemia. There are several reasons a white blood cell count can be elevated. Anything that causes your immune system to react, such as infections, cuts, colds etc... For the person who mentioned yeast infections.....The high white cell count could easily be a symptom, not cause of the yeast infections. However, you need to continue with the doctors until they find the real answer. To those of you who have continued high white counts and your doctors feel it may be more serious, a bone marrow sample is taken to test for leukemia. My neice was misdiagnosed with leukemia and the result was damaging to her physically. You need to follow up with your doctors and be sure to get a second opinion. Hope for the best and stay on your doctor as if it is the worst.

For the last 2 years my count has been between 11 and 16 consistenly. Now they are sending me to a hematoligist ( not sure on the spelling) Someone who specializes in blood.