As you might expect, a review from Wobegon on a hockey movie is going to rave, so I won't be letting you down. I am by no means stretching the truth to say I had goosebumps the entire time. For non-sports nuts, this is a great performance by Kurt Russell protraying a complex character of coach Herb Brooks, a glimpse of life in Minnesota and a view into an array of events making the 1980 Olympic Hockey gold a rallying point for the entire country. And for sports nuts, this is 2-hours of underdog, digging deep training and practice with dediction to their sport second to none that pulls your heartstrings the whole way.
An absolute perfect recreation of perhaps the greatest sport moment in the later 1/2 century. Big thumbsup!

:thumbsup: from the RAS family. A little long for the young guy...plus he was irritated by the "expert" that sat behind him and the family that insisted on bringing a screaming toddler . I thought Russell's accent was pretty good...however, it did seem to fade in and out, so not consistent. I also liked how the movie followed closely with the team....besides Russell....no big name actors....to steal the show. We do know how the movie could have been shortened..................................................................................................................AGAIN!!!

one of the movies that brings back warm, fuzzy memories of being huddled in a small room with your family watching history unfold.

I really enjoyed this movie too. Very inspiring. Brook's conclusion of the movie with his commentary that these boys who won against great odds and professional hockey players comprised a true dream team. Now that gave me goosebumps because, in my opinion, watching how this coach took these amateur athletes and made them into a team, a winning team, was really indicative of what the Olympics and achieving a dream can be. it was a great film.

Rocked! Watch it. Great true underdog story.