My boyfriend had two round sores (with a small scab on them) on the shaft of his penis. When I asked him if it could be herpes, he said no. He said it was from masterbating for a long period of time. Could that be true.

Health Guru
hi, I haven't heard of anything like that before and would advise you to tell your bf to get them checked out and if your in a sexual relationship to avoid any kind of sexual contact until he does get it checked as I'm sure you don't want herpes for the rest of your life!

It depends on whether he is foreskinned or unforeskinned and if he is unforeskinned whether he uses lubrication.

How you do it depends on whether you have an internally lubricated movable foreskin that glides up and down the shaft or whether you have been unforeskinned.

If you are foreskinned, then all you need to do is glide your foreskin back and forth. The foreskin is internally lubricated with lymphatic fluid and glides without friction. The numerous nerves inside the foreskin are stimulated by the motion and generate pleasurable sensations.

Long and vigorous masturbation can cause the foreskin to become edematous and swollen, which is painless and not a cause for alarm. The edema usually goes down within about 24 hours.

If you are unforeskinned and the skin is taut and immovable, then you will need some lubrication and you need to slide your hand up and down the shaft. You will likely injure yourself without lubricant. Friction burns are common when a male without foreskin masturbates without lubricant. Some lubricants are baby oil, vegetable oil, personal lubricant, soapy water, and saliva.

It is common for an unforeskinned male, who has been deprived of his internally lubricated foreskin, to have friction burns if he does not apply external lubricant.