Okay. This is going to be really confusing. 

I started taking Quasense (Generic for Seasonale) on the 28th of October. I didn't start taking it the Sunday after my last period, or the first day of my period, or anything like that. (Because my doctor forgot to tell me how important that was...) 

On November 10th, I got a prescription for an antibiotic (I don't remember what it was called, but it was not Rifampin) for a UTI.

November 11th, I went back to the doctor to receive an antibiotic shot because my UTI had spread to my kidneys and was getting steadily worse. I was also put on a different (probably stronger) antibiotic. Neither the shot, nor the new antibiotic is Rifampin.

Fast forward to the weekend of the 16th, me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex (he pulled out) and protected sex, probably 3 times that weekend. 

So my first question is: How afraid should I be of getting pregnant? I talked to many pharmacists and doctors, and a couple said that any antibiotic lowers the effectiveness of BC. But the majority said that only Rifampin lowers the effectiveness.

Onto my second question. My period was supposed to start on the 12th (if I wasn't on this BC, that is) and so around the 16th I started spotting. Not a lot, just a bit. 

This week, the spotting has turned into a straight up period. Cramps, lots of blood, the whole thing. 

So my question is this: Has this happened for anyone else? Because I'm on my period (probably) right now, how concerned should I be about pregnancy? Should I just continue taking the BC in hopes that it evens things out?