I have been taking Trazadone for several years, It started out for sleep at 25 mg. and over time has gone to 150mg. with the addition of Ambien10mg. After losing my son tragically I was prescribed another antidepressant to take and when that didn't work a different one and on and on.. My latest was Zoloft I have gained alot of weight and ended up going to a weightloss doctor since no diets are working. That is when I learned Trazadone and Zoloft are weight gainers! I tried to come off it several times but I always end up back on it because of the withdrawl. How can you say it's not addicting if it has such withdrawl? I have recently been switched to wellbuterion twice a day and to taper zoloft over the next four weeks. I abruptly stopped Trazadone 2 days ago. WRONG! The withdrawl is so severe! I feel like I will never get off this mess. In my book It's addicting...

Hi Angelmom, I believe these drugs are addictive.  I experienced withdrawal too, shaking and feeling terrified as well as crying and being unable to sleep.  Trazadone has apparently stopped being produced now so I don't know how long you will be able to carry on getting your prescription for.  Might be worth asking your doctor about it.  I was switched to Mirtazapine, a liquid anti-depressant which made me sleep all the time, but after a fortnight I was able to come off that one without any problems.  Now the doctor has started me on a new one called Venlafaxine, which is from the same group, an SRNI, and I am doing well on it after just 4 days, but the side effects have been quite bad.  You could ask to go on Mirtazapine and then come off that.  It worked for me.  I hope you get there.