Hi, I have been taking 50 mg of Trazadone for 2 years, and then they increased my dosage to 100mg. Is it too much for treatment of mild depression and insomnia?

Hi, I use Trazodone for 4 years now, and at the beginning the dosage was 25-50 mg. Later, as I faced some big problems I got 300mg effexor and 300-400mg (Max dosage) of trazadone to manage my chronic depression. Occasionally, even that dosage wasn’t enough for a sleep. I suppose that the high dosage of effexor, max dose, was the reason for sleeplessness.I decided to change doctor, and my new informed me that trazadone has ability to damage liver, so he took me off the trazadone too. Now, I am starting amytriptilin now the lowest dose 25 mg, to see how it works.

Hi - I was taking 300 mg. of Trazadone for about 13 years and I decided to stop taking such a high dose by myself. I did ask a doctor about 1 year ago how I should taper off this medication. He instructed me to drop 25 mg. per week. I am now on week 6 and I am just about down to one pill HS. I feel a bit more emotional, but I think in the long run, I will feel better as I get this medication out of my system. I have had insomnia for about 25 years and the Trazadone did help, but I have felt like a zombie.

Has anyone else done this or have they had a similar experience?

I do feel more active and more "human" if I may. The ONLY side effect (and I don't know if this is just "life stuff") is I feel more anger?! Like I want to finally tell the world off for the things I allowed to happen to make me feel bad to start with.

I'll listen to any response. I really want to be off medication for good.

Thanks Trying to be RXFree

To RxFree,

Where did you find the information that said Trazodone could cause liver damage. I just started this for sleep and I am already taking 150mg once before bed. I also take Methadone, Ativan, and several other drugs.

Sorry I actually meant that question above for machuca or anyone else who has the answer. Thanks.