I used Trazodone for 6 years (around 25 to 75 mg).

It really helpped me sleep.  I got healthy because I had energy to excerise and eat right.

Then it stopped working.  Slowly, over time, it just didn't keep me asleep the whole night.

So I stopped using it.  Yes, it is a terrible withdrawl but you recover in a month or so. 

It has been 7 months now.  I miss the good sleep.  I am tired all the time.

I am wondering if Trazadone would work for me again.  I would gladly suffer withdrawl in the future if I could get another 6 years of good sleep.

However, before I get hooked again, I want to know if anyone has ever done this. 

To be clear, has anyone ever stopped using Trazondone because it no longer helpped them sleep but then, after a period of time, used it again with good success for sleeping.

I am going through a trazadone withdrawal as I write this and I tell you what--it's a little slice of hell. After reading what you wrote about the bad effects associated in a month or so, I was encouraged. It's maybe two days shy of that month and I am waiting to feel better.
I was given trazadone to aid chronic back pain in order to reduce reliance on stronger medications. At first, the sleep was so good but like everyone else, it stopped working after a few months. The pain-reducing effects were negligible. I had taken as much as 200mg if needed and it simply wasn't worth continuing as I had no real relief to speak of--only about a 15 pound weight gain. Plus, I has residual sleepiness during the daytime.
I stopped cold turkey and have no regrets but I feel, seriously, like dog c**p. Headaches, extreme exhaustion, crying spells (yes, I am a chick), agitation, impatience...etc. I need to take a flexeril AND a valium together to get any sleep. Talk about a stupid, psycho situation!
I have one piece of advice: think very long and hard about taking ANY antidepressant whatsoever. You WILL, WITHOUT A DOUBT, have some bad withdrawal symptoms. Any antidepressant. I have taken a few for this pain issue and it is better to have the pain than to be a zombie and have terrible withdrawal after deciding to stop them.

i stopped taking trazadone because the effects wore off but a year later i started takingit again majic its a wonderful drug for sleep one of the best on the market

Try A2Z and see if this will help you sleep.I have used trazadone and decided to decrease it;so, I weaned myself off of it.I didn't think it was something that my body needed to become acclamated to over many years.however,talk to your doctor about this.It's best to have expert advice.This is also something that your phaarmacist might have some advice.I am curious though;after 6 years of good sleep (which the body needs) why did you go off it since it worked so well.

I would be interested to hear how you are coping now. I would think when your body gets so used to a drug that the drug no longer helps it would not be the best policy to start using that drug again. It might help for a while but I think that would be for a short while compared to what benefit you received before. My hubby takes a low dose of amitriptyline which works well for him. I take Buspar twice daily for my OCD. It also helps to tell my brain to shut up while I'm sleeping.

Sometimes a 1/2 Xanax is needed.

You asked why I stopped using Trazodone after 6 years. It stopped keeping me asleep. It would still help me fall asleep, but then I wake up 2 hours later. Its like it stopped being effective.

I've been taking Ambien for years for my insomnia, doesnt work anymore, inless I take 2-3, so my doctor has changed me to Trazadone......???? kinda nervous about starting to take that, maybe I should just stick to Ambien.....?