Hey,

I'm using Lexapro. I was also on Effexor, but Effexor seems to have to much side effects for me. Anyway, I've heard about Cymbalta as an alternative to all this old antidepressants such Zoloft, Effexor or Lexapro. It seems to have not so much side effects as the other. However I've also heard that Cymbalta make addicted very soon and it's very hard to get ride off it.

Did anyone here experienced and used Cymbalta yet? Or did you ever hear about Cymbalta?

Thanks

***edited by moderator *** ***web addresses not allowed***

This should help you out

I find all of the stuff crazy. They sure help you manage your depression but also give you all sorts of other side effects. My aunt has been using these drugs for over 5 years now. Most of her problems with these drugs were insomnia and being lethargic. Then she would always have to change one drug with another, because the effects of one drug would change. It’s been more than five years now and my aunt stopped changing the drugs. I can’t say any of it helped much!

I used Cymbalta for nerve damage and depression symptoms. It totally removed all the muscle pains but triggered migraines over my right eye. The migraines lasted three days after discontinued use of the drug. It didn't work for me, but I do believe I am prone to drug related migranes. I switched to Effexor. If I don't take them in the morning, I don't sleep. Take it right before bed and you should sleep okay.

Thanks

I have for the lasat 6 months and it has helped with neuropathic pain in my feet, not 100% but makes itr tolerable with no side effects. I am in a better mood most of the time, however.

Dan Curtin

I used for depression. I felt great. I could deal with life, but gain a little weight. I had really bad dreams, that I looked up every morning and they all represented being depressed. So I figured since I didn't show any during the day, it was my body's way of dealing with it.

I tried to come off of it and it has been horrible!!!!!!! I cry, scream, sleep, etc. I think I felt worse before I took it.

I'm trying Wellbrutrin XL and it just makes me sick. But losing weight. (prob. cause I can't eat), but I get mad easy on it.

I would love to go back to cymbalta, but NEVER want to go through the withdrawl ever again!

I'm going to try Zolft again, used years ago and no side effects or withdrawl.

I started cymbalta in Jan 09 due to sever anxiety attacts, it has helped somewhat. I attempted to stop taking it last month due to the cost and I ave poor insurance coverage. I read about St. john's Wort (which is cheap and over the counter. I waited 1 day after wstopping cymbalta and started taking SJW 900 mcg daily and it works better. I avoided the horrible withdrawal symptons that everyone experiences by stopping. The life of 60 mg of cymbalta in your system is 12-14 hours according to my doctor. So you could probably try this and see how you feel, it sounds like it's worth a try I felt the same way you arre describing. Good luck :-)