50. Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night
49. Puff Dady - I'll Be Missing You
48. Michael Bolton - Can I Touch You There
47. Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston - We Have Something in Common
46. Spin Doctors - Two Princes
45. Ruben Studdard - Sorry 2004
44. Billy Joel - We Didn't Stop the Fire
43. Master P - Make 'em Say UH
42. Rednex - Cotton Eyed Joe
41. JC Chasez - Ode to Lesbianism
40. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up
39. Snow - Informer
38. Ja Rule - Mezmorize
37. Bette Middler - From a Distance
36. Color Me Badd - I Wanna Sex You Up
35. Don Johnson - Heartbeat
34. Crazytown - Butterfly
33. Jennifer Lopez - Jenny from the Block
32. Mr Mister - Broken Wings
31. R. Kelley - You Remind Me of Something
30. Nelly - Pimp Juice
29. Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)
28. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
27. WrexN Efects - Zoom Zoom, Boom Boom
26. Bryan Adams - The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me is You
25. Micheal Jackson - You Rock my World
24. Phil Collins - Sussudio
23. Sisqo - Thong Song
22. Lionel Ritchie - Dancing on the Ceiling
21. The Rembrandts - I'll Be There for You
20. Toby Keith - Courtesy of the Red White and Blue
19. Chicago - You're the Inspiration
18. Hammer - Pumps and a Bump
17. Right Said Fred - I'm Too Sexy
16. Europe - The Final Countdown
15. Crash Test Dummy - MMMMM MMMMM MMMMM
14. Will Smith - Will2k
13. Aqua - Barbie Girl
12. New Kids on the Block - Hangin Tough
11. Gerardo - Rico Suave
10. Huey Lewis & the News - The Heart of Rock 'n' Roll
09. Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
08. Ricky Martin - She Bangs
07. Eddie Murphy - Party All the Time
06. Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
05. Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
04. Limp Bizkit - Rollin'
03. Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight
02. Billy Ray Cirrus - Achey Breaky Heart
01. Starship - We Built This City
"In the year 2525"
Clapton is an icon but Wonderful Tonight makes me want to hurl.
I'd nix Rick Astley and J Lo though. :puke:
What happened to: "In the year 2525" and "American Woman"They're in the book I mentioned - 2525 came in at #3, I believe. I assume you mean the Guess Who original of AW, and not Lenny's remake. Another reason they need a book update - only one song on the VH1 list is in it... "We Didn't Start The Fire."
What? No Jimmy Buffet? Inconceivable!!I do not think that words means what you think it means.
:1: x 10000000000000000!!!!!!! :puke: Now is there a 50 best pop songs list to balance this out?
In terms of lyrics and how they make me feel. I'd choose "Reeling in the Years" I think its by "Steely Dan", "What a Fool Believes" Michael McDonald and "Even a Loser" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I'm not saying these are bad songs per se. I see them personally as bad songs because when I hear their lyrics I feel emotionally crushed. I feel completely discouraged. IOW I see these song as total downers. I do ike other songs by these artist but definitely not these examples.