I BROKE MY TAILBONE 4 YEARS AGO, I TRIED EVERYTHING. MY WORK REQUIRES PROLONG SITTING, WOULD THIS EFFECT ME IN THE LONG RUN? LIKE GETTING ANY DISEASE OR CANCER. AND IS THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM STERIOD SHOTS IN THE TAILBONE? >:(

Typically, the most prudent treatment for injuries to the tailbone is rest and recuperation. You say you’ve tried everything, but still, if your work requires prolonged sitting – one of the main causes for tailbone pain other than trauma – it’s going to be hard to see did the injury leave severe consequences. To ease your mind, it’s highly unlikely that cancer could be one of those consequences. Also, as far as steroid injections are concerned, there are little reports of severe systemic side-effects of a local injection of cortisone. Unlike taking oral steroids, or having cortisone injected directly into the bloodstream, only a small amount of a local injection is absorbed by the body. And since the body actually produces cortisone naturally, most people do not experience systemic effects. But if you happen to be one of those rare cases which I hope you won’t be, possible side effects of steroid injections are elevated blood sugar, facial flushing and local pain after injection.