Hi, I used Advair for a week, but then I started having some side effects like nausea, loss of appetite and weakness. I told my doctor about that, so he put me on Symbicort. I would like to know which one is better, Advair or Symbicort?

Hi, when I started having asthma attacks, I used Advair. It was couple of years ago, but I remember that it was really helpful. I was taking 250/50 twice a day. Advair was relaxing my airways, and relieving the attacks. I could finally breathe normally. After couple of months, I thought my asthma was cured, so I stopped using Advair. I didn’t have any problems for a long time, but eventually they returned. My doctor was retired, so I went to another one. This one asked me about my medical history, and prescribed me Symbicort instead of Advair. I was a little skeptical, but she told me that Symbicort is better for my condition. I got a little inhaler and I was surprised with the results. Every time I used the drug, I had a relief of asthma within three minutes. So don’t worry, both medicines are effective, and I think you’ll be satisfied with Symbicort as much as you were with Advair.

Are you in the US? Symbicort is not available until 2007. I am thinking you must be in UK or somewhere else ... but ADVAIR is not the name for this product internatinally.. it is Seretide. So.. how did you know?