can you die from smoking weed if you have asthma?
my friend recently went to the doctor due to her cough, she has had for months and her asthma was acting up. She was having a hard time breathing and had to take 3 breathing treatments before leaving the doctor's office. The doctor told her that her chest was tight and she could die if she continued to smoke. They prescribed her advair and prednisone. If she takes a break.... and feels better like can breath right... is it ok for her to smoke?

yeah she could go back to it but at risk of it acting up again i went through the same thing a few months ago and it got all cleared up was also given advair prednisone and flovent, i went back to smoking pot and in a few weeks my chest started to get tight again so if yourfriend is overly worried about her chest quit quit quit

I've had asthma since i was a baby and i smoke weed. Dont take my advice cause im not a doctor but im pretty sure it doesnt affect asthma, maybe she should keep and inhailor with her while she smokes.idk though some ppl have it worse than others

Of course the Doctor says quit smoking period, but I have a friend pretty familiar with the medical field, who tells me smoking marijuana is like a bronchiadialator, is this true?

im writing this message from the hospital bed as we speak,im 18 and ive been blazin for like 2 or 3 months straight, and i havent been taking my asthma preventative medicines, the whole time i was smoke bud i didnt see many negative effects that were out of the ordinary, you know every now and then i needed the inhaler, but didnt think twice, but out of no where i caught a cold and the asthma acted up and i was already in the worst asthma attack i had ever experienced and it all flared up within a matter of 3 hours and im re-cooperating now trying to bounce back, thc and cannaboids do serve as a bronchial dialator but the smoke and carbon monoxide has more negative effect then the thc and cannabinoids have positive...in a nutshell smoking marijuana may not make your asthma act up more frequent but if you do happen to have an attack the severity will be much more life threatning my doctor told me yesterday if i had came in 15 minutes later i would have died...at least get a vaporizer.

Hello there,
I've had severe asthma my entire life, and I've been on preventative daily inhalers my entire life as well. I also have allergies etc.
Anyway, for me, as long as I've taken my daily meds and I can breathe normally in the first place, I don't have issues while I smoke.
I've had to use my inhaler before after a few hard hits, but I bounced back and was fine, and able to continue smoking.
For me at least, it really REALLY depends on what kind of piece you're using. I DEFINENTELY reccomend using a water pipe, or a bubbler if you can't get a water pipe; it makes the smoke soooooo much smoother and easier to take. Ya know how pipes and bowls are just a straight hit, and really hot? Get a water pipe, it doesn't decrease the effect of the herb, it makes it much smoother and the water cools it down. Much, MUCH easier on the asthmatic lungs. :-) Enjoy.

i've got asthma too and after smoking blunts and bowls i feel fine, but the next day i wheeze really bad and i'm like that for a few weeks after that. i was just wondering if using a bong would make smoking easier on the lungs and if so by how much?

Trust me, "water pipes" make it SO much better. I never have much problem with my asthma at all when I use them. Due to the fact that the smoke goes through the water, it gets cooled down and is a LOT easier on the lungs. I definentely recommend it! :-)

Hey dude ive been an asthmatic since i was 6 months old. Had a few tough attacks throughout my life, bin 2 the hospital an back all of that lol. I start smoking pot bout a year ago and their was this point wen i was pretty hooked, i noticed my asthma wasnt really getting affected but i had caught a cold during this time and i was sick for 3 weeks. Was on the preds, nebulizor and had a pretty severe asthma attack that put me in hosp ( i hadnt been there since i was 9). Im 18 now.
So weed is good while it lasts but that sh*t fuks u up son. If u think its doing u good then stick with it. BUt for real the long term effects aint worth it, go get on some Ekkies or some sh*t haha.

i have done some research and found that water pipes are actually counteractive. Its best to use a good quality vaporizer.

we'll im 29 years old and i've been smoking weed for about 6 years straight, my asthma has always been under control with my rescue inhaler so while i smoke a few hours later take a puff of inhaler im o.k. Ijust quit about 6 days ago and im totally messed up, i cant breathe right im coughing terribly, im coughing up a little blood and black junk and cant sleep for no more than an hour and when i wake up im dripping wet with sweat and coughing up a lung, its weird how im fine for years when smoking and as soon as i quit i get completely messed up, sometimes doing something right is just punishment.

Dude, don't smoke blunts if you have asthma. They are made from shitty tobacco pieces "glued" together somehow. Get a vape, and don't try to take huge rips. Take smaller ones, enjoy the smoke. If you are coughing you probably took too big of a rip.

ive had asthuma my whole life and i take my medz every day like im suppost to and i havent had to use my inhaleri ............ooooooooooooo and i only use a water pipe so i think thatz better than enything else.....

use a vaporizor for best results

waterpipe for small results

bong issent save at all so

I had asthma for my entire life. i have smoked weed a lot, it helps me forget about my problems that usally flare up my asthma. please, if your gonna smoke weed and you have asthma, be careful. everybody's different