I’ve always had bad allergies and breathing difficulties, problems with sinuses and headaches due to that pressure I guess. In last few years these difficulties developed into asthma. I got serevent and later switched on advair. I’m 30 years old, male. I’m on advair now, twice a day. I’m interested in difference between these two drugs that I used and am till using, serevent vs advair?

Serevent is almeterol xinafoat, a long acting beta 2 agonist, which means that helps relax airways. Advair is combination of long acting beta 2 agonist salmeterol and anti-inflammatory drug fluticasone propionate that is corticosteroid. Patients with asthma should use combination of serevent and corticosteroid. In asthma it not just important to dilate bronchi, but to suppress inflammatory reaction and that is what corticosteroids do. Inflammatory reaction is caused by certain substance from the environment and lead to spasm of airways and asthmatic attack.

what is the difference between serevent and advair?

Have had asthma for over 50 years. Hassled with all kinds of drugs including prednisone. Lots of problems!. When Serevent arrived I called it my "miracle drug." Often forgot I even had asthma to the point that I quit using it on my own and felt great. After a recent experience that was diagnosed as allergic rhinitis, asthmatic bronchitis, and/or flu (doctors didn't agree) I was told to use Advair in the past few weeks. I do not like being on a steroid because of some of their complications and want to go back to Serevent.if I can convince someone to prescribe it.