i just started taking yaz birth control and i keep getting really depressed every few days, i come home from school and cry.. i wasn't like this before. is it the birth control thats doing it?

yes, i went through the same thing with ortho tri-cyclen lo, but by the second pack i felt back to my own self again. In the mean time, remind yourself that its just the hormones and keep busy and active so you won't fall into a bad cycle with school and responsibilities. Sometimes it feels good to let yourself cry it out before, as i would call it, moving on with my day. If you just think of it as being a bad case of pms, it gets easier to teach your body to adapt and start feeling better. good luck! (and you'll have much more to cry about if a condom fails, so its worth pushing through that first month lol)