I have taken Xanax for anxiety for yrs, recently went to a new Dr. and he prescribed me Zoloft 50mg and Xanax 0.5 3Xday. I had been taking 2-3mg. of Xanax vs. the newly prescribed 1.5.
Anyway, I figured I'd try the Zoloft, I've taken 50 mg and on day 2 now. I'm not liking the side effects, ditziness, VERY tired, grinding teeth...And after reading about the withdrawals, and remembering the HELL I went thru when I went off paxil cold turkey a few yrs ago, I'm thinking of stopping the Zoloft and asking for more Xanax. I just happen to be going thru a rough time now and am a bit extra depressed, but I really don't want to be on these SSI's forever. My main problem is anxiety not depression. The withdrawals are just too crazy.
Question....It's only been 2 days, will I have the withdrawal symptoms already?

bi been takin zoloft a year. 2 tablets every morning. and i stopped a month ago on my own and i had NO WITHDRAWALS!!! XD

ask your doctor before stopping it. i take 50mg a day and stopped cold turkey and have had horrible withdrawal effects (dizziness, panic attacks, etc.) it probably wont be as bad because of your low dosage but you should ask someone first