Beside some other antidepressants I have been using Zoloft for 5 months. I have never experienced side effects of this drug, but anyway I want to get rid of it and go back to normal life. I heard mostly patients who have been using Zoloft have withdrawal symptoms after stopping the usage. I wonder if I never had side effects, is there possibility I will not develop withdrawal symptoms? I want to know more about stopping of use this drug.

If you stopped using Zoloft abruptly there is great chances you will also develop withdrawal symptoms. People complained of these symptoms as mental confusion, dizziness, nausea, or joint pain. Zoloft causes those symptoms usually for one or two weeks, but sometimes they could decrease over a period of one month. Doctors recommend if someone want to stop using Zoloft stop using it gradually decreased. There us one very unpleasant withdrawal symptom called REM Behavior Disorder. That occur as moving your eyes too quickly, you dream in sequences, or that is when you are awake, accompanied with hallucinations. It seems like you are actually dreaming. If this occurs you should contact physician and see what he recommend to you next. We have to keep in our minds one very important thing, and that is how we are all different. This means if you have good experiences during using Zoloft, it doesn’t have to mean you will not develop withdrawal symptoms.

Why do you want to stop taking the meds if they are helping you. If u stop taking it your problems will come back. i have had anxiety panic attacks and obssessive disorders for 8 years now. im just afraid to take medication because im afraid of the side affects.

Hi there! Are you saying that you’ve been suffering from panic attacks and obsessive disorder for 8 years without any treatment? How did you manage to do so?

My mom is suffering from depression and if there weren’t for the meds, o she would be much worse now. Beside the meds, she has been seeing her psychiatrist and learning about this disease and talking to people who are also into this made her go further!

How do you do this? Have you been educating yourself about the problems and trying to solve them on your own?
Not all meds will cause side effects and if they do, they usually go away after your body had adjusted to them. I know there are harsh cases where side effects are unbearable, but then you usually seek for another treatment if you can’t get used to the this one.

I was on Zoloft two years ago. I was feeling so good I stopped taking it. Now I'm back in my cycle of depression again. I wish that I had not stopped taking the zolft, now I'm having to start all over again. I beleive Zolft is the best antidepressant on the market for me. I don't know why depressed people stop taking there meds but I'm one of them. I beleive that I need to be on antidepressants for the rest of my life. Why stop taking something that works.

Guest wrote:

berthelsen wrote:

Quote:

I am decreasing my Zoloft at this time and even though I am weaning very slowly, I am having quite a few side effects. I have gone from 100mg to 50 mg during the past two months and I am getting ready to decrease it again. I have been on Zoloft for 12 years and although it did help with my anxiety, the long-term side effects are not worth it anymore. I am now going to acupuncture and taking Chinese herbs to deal with any anxiety that comes up. I thought I would want to be on Zoloft for the rest of my life until I started getting facial flushing. It's just not worth it anymore. Is anyone else experiencing odd withdrawal symptoms from Zoloft?

Hello! I have just started Zoloft 10 days ago. I was prescribed Zoloft for depression and I am supposed to take it 4 months and see how it goes. Tell, I have been reading, that Zoloft should not be taken for more than a year and you said that you used it for 12 years.

Has your doctor been prescribing the drug all the time to you? Did you have any problems when you first started it? Do you know how long it took it to start working? I know it’s been 12 years but I would appreciate any info you could give me.

I’ve been reading about all sorts of nasty things about Zoloft and to tell you the truth I am a bit paranoid of all the possible side effects. Has the drug kept you anxious-less for all these years?

I’ve been on it for 10 days and haven’t experienced any side effect yet, neither did I notice any change.

I was reading online some reviews where a person said Zoloft should not be taken in the first place. I understand it is different for every one but I would still like to hear your whole experience with the drug.

Have you heard of Deprex?

How are you coping with anxiety now? Is acupuncture doing you any good? What kind of withdrawal effects are you suffering from? I have been reading about all sorts of withdrawal symptoms from Zoloft like nausea, fatigue, headache, gait instability, insomnia, flu-like symptoms…..what amazed me the most was the fact that these withdrawal effects could take up to 8 weeks. Sounds horrible!

I hope 2 hear from U! Thx

Heather_2 wrote:

Quote:

Have you heard of Deprex?

I hope 2 hear from U! Thx

Hi--That's not true about only being able to take Zoloft for a year. I know plenty of people who are on it long-term and yes, my doctor prescribed it to me the entire time. I am sick of the side effects and I want to learn how to deal with my anxiety in a safer way. I am not really suffering from anxiety right now. I get moody and sometimes I am depressed. There are many withdrawal symptoms. My heart will beat a little faster; I get "waves" of hot feelings come over me; my stomach is bloated and gassy; and I cry more often. I will be decreasing my Zoloft to 25 mg on Thursday and I am not looking forward to more withdrawal symptoms. The Zoloft did work for me while I was on it and I had very little anxiety or depression. Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs have really been helping me through the withdrawal and I plan to continue it for any anxiety afterwards. If you would like to write me at my regular e-mail address you can send it to ***********this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

i am on zolof 100mg.what are the side effects of this drug both mental and pysical?

I have taken zoloft 3 times throughout my life for up to 2 years at a time. The past 3 months I have been tapering off from 150 mg to 100 mg to 50 mg and now 50 mg every other day for the next 2 weeks until finally I will be off it. I was taking it for depression. It works great for me. I will likely need it again. I have chosen to get off it for two reasons. One to give my body a break and secondly I have lost all desire for sex. I am a married woman and therefore would like to have the desire for sex. I hope this will restore the desire. Time will tell. I am 54 years old. Not young but certainly not old. Has anyone else had this side affect? As far as withdrawal symptoms I am not experiencing any. I attribute that to spacing out the decreasing dosage approximately a month at a timegiving my body time to adjust.

Can anyone say that when going off of zoloft they became so emotional that they were suicidal...or wanted to run and tell no one where they were? Or how about helplessness...complete sadness...life not worth living sadness and fear?

i took zoloft for 7 years.My son ,now 4 was born addicted to it and did go through drug withdrawals,as did i when i finaalty stopped taking it.I advise anyone one this med to make sure you talk to you r doctors.

I have forgot to take my zoloft tables for the past 3 day im taking 100mg atm and I was fine untill the third day when I started getting really dizzy, nausea, weird tingling down my back, hot cold flushes, getting really paranoid about everything and I was going in and out of day dreams its done so much for me in the way that it's intended for but I have had alot of problems with it to since I've been taking it if I don't get enough sleep I get really paranoid and depressed to the point I'm constantly thinking of suicide it's like I'm a different person but when I have a good night sleep I'm totally normal it's the same when I've been out drinking the next day I feel soooo suicidale it's crazy I'm not sure if I could have something other than depression and anxiety but most of the stuff didn't start happening till I started taking it I've also found sometimes when I have forgotten to take it I'm listing to people talk to me but it's going in one ear and out the other if they ask me what they said I wouldn't be able to remember but I am listening it just doesn't computet I love the things that it's done for me on the positive side but I have also gain 20kgs and I've only been on it for a year and for something that's ment to help depression and anxiety for ME gaining weight is depressing And I really want to get off of it the positives don't out weigh the negative here I'm just hoping even after getting off zoloft that it hasn't made permanent damage for something to have these sort of affects on your body and brain (if it is the zoloft) it would surprise me if they find out years from now that it causes damensha, bipolar or schizophrenia the scary thing is that the doctors seem to have hasher drugs than anything made on some drug dealers stove

The best thing I have found for the withdrawl symptoms is Inositol.  You can get it at a health food store - preferrably in a powder.  Mix 1/4 teaspoon with water and drink , every four hours or so.

why did you go on zoloft in the first place , you say it works with no side effects but you want to stop .