I recently read an article that walking has the same effect as Zoloft. I stopped taking Zoloft (cold turkey) a week ago. I have also been experiencing some of the same side effects as others have posted. I decided to give the walking method a try and it seems to be helping. I am not experiencing the headaches as often or as severe. Perhaps this will help others on the same path to a "drug free" life. Good luck to all.

Hi there, i
what is your reason of quitting taking zoloft?

would you reccomend others to zoloft?

Thank you very much.

My Dr. prescribed me Zoloft. I havent taken it yet as I am doing research about Zoloft before taking it as prescribed.
Did zoloft actually make you have a better life, happier, etc?
Why did you deiced to quit taking zoloft?
Would you recommend others to take Zoloft?

Best regards,
Benny

Benny and to others!

I have been on Zoloft for a little over 2 years now. I had a Dr. put me on this medicine during an extremely hard time in my life. While Zoloft can help you initially....it is NOT a good med to continue on.

This is a very addictive A.D and I have found that most people stay on Zoloft for their entire lives. Long term use of this medicine can actually backfire and have a negative affect on your well being.

I did find it helpful when I first started and as time went on (I know I speak for others as well) things got worse. During my second year on Zoloft I began to become more irritable and I never slept as well. Not to mention that if I missed a dose it would be complete hell.

It all comes down to this....no human being should be this dependant on a drug. Currently I am experiencing some major withdrawals in my efforts to rid myself of this addiction. I am on day 4 and I have extreme brain shivers, headaches, tiredness, waves of intense emotion and nausea. I plan to keep everyone posted on my improvements.

Hope all of this helps.
Remember God never intended for us to be so chained and held down to such a drug. We can’t go through our whole lives dependant on anything but ourselves.

Much love,
Xoxoxo

Hi Blackbird,

I hope you are doing well. keep on fighting... I am sure you will win. I heard the first 2 weeks is the hardest. Whatever happend, dont let zoloft win.

i have been off zoloft for a week( my own decision) and currently suffering terrible vertigo and emotional up's and downs but i am determined not to keep taking it as i was'nt depressed in the first place, just suffering back pain, stay strong folks.

Hi, all! I got depressed after having a baby last year and was having severe anxiety problems, too. I got put on Zoloft because it's the only AD drug safe (relatively) for nursing. I felt so much better in a few weeks, able to enjoy my baby and my life. Iam nit sorry I got on the meds. I also went to therapy and was able to work through some issues that were making mothering my baby difficult. I have made some great changes to my life and feel fantastic. Now that things are so much better, I have decided to taper off Zoloft. It has been OK by comparison with some of the stories you all have shared. I was on 150 mg/ day and keptcutting back by 25 mg/ day every six weeks -- just doing it really gradually. I have had some insomnia in the first week after cutting back each time, but nothing else. In this way I've gotten down to 25 mg/day. This last decrease has been a bit worse, though (which is why I am online researching Zoloft withdrawal): I had more severe insomnia and also irritability and mild to moderate mood swings (exacerbated at times my my adorable toddler being impossible). But I guess none of these issues compare with the dizziness, nausea and "saps" some people report. I just wonder how I am supposed to know whether my mood swings are caused by Zoloft withdrawal or whether they signal a resurgence in the original issues that got me on Zoloft in the first place. Overall, so far I would say that Zoloft worked fine for me, but I would always advise anyone considering it to make sure they get some therapy as well. I think it would ideally give you respite from anxiety to let you work through issues, rather than being used as a remedy in it's own right. But perhaps there is only so much talk therapy can do for some people, even in the long run. Good luck to everyone, whatever your situation and whatever decisions you make!

There are many Zoloft users who had the same problems when they stopped taking their medications abruptly. Brain zaps are one of the worst symptoms that were reported. People who have had these problems while quitting Zoloft have decided to file a Zoloft lawsuits.

I took Zoloft for nearly 3 years. There was a point where I truly needed to be on it and it helped immensely. However, I am now trying to get off of it, because my life has changed and I have matured. I really hate doctors and I don't want to be on meds the rest of my life.

While taking Zoloft, I had very little side effects, the most irritating being the Zoloft headache that I would get if I missed a dose or was late taking it. However, coming off of it has proven to be troublesome. I am having significant dizziness and vivid unsettling dreams.

I'd like to point out that different people metabolize meds differently. I tried several before being put on Zoloft. We, my doctors and I, finally went with Zoloft because I discovered my father was on it. I actually have anxiety issues rather than depression. Before starting anything, talk to your family and see if they have taken these types of meds and how their experience was. I hope that gives some insight. Best of luck!!

I would never have started taking Zoloft if I knew how it would affect me and how hard it would be to go off it. I wish someone had said that to me before I began taking it.