i took postinor-2 on June 9th. my period came a week after i took it.
i had protected sex on June 23rd and unprotected sex on June 26th. my partner didn't cum inside (we just rub our genital). just to make sure, i want to take postinor-2 again today June 27th.
my question is, can I still take postinor-2 a week later? it means I will be taking postinor-2 3 times (6 tablets) in a month.
would that be ok? is the contraceptive pill will work?
thank you.

Hi Inez,

You can take it again and it will work as a contraceptive.  From your description it probably isn't necessary though.

FYI, the World Health Organization has warned that repeated use of emergency contraceptives exposes you to higher doses of steroids.

Emergency contraceptives should not be used in place of regular birth control.  You may experience some side effects including an early or late period and a heavier or lighter period.  They are a very large dose of hormones.

From the manufacturer: You should only use POSTINOR-2 in emergencies and not as a regular method of contraception. If POSTINOR-2 is used more than once in a menstrual cycle it is more likely to upset your menstrual cycle.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for that response, medic-dan. i took postinor on my 16th day and had intercourse with my partner on my 20th day. i took another dosage. now, my period is delayed and i am so scared that it may have failed and i may be pregnant. i am so scared. it is 31 days. can my usually 24-28day cycle be delayed?

Hi Bold,

You are likely experiencing a very common side effect of emergency contraceptives. They can make your next SEVERAL periods early or late and heavier or lighter than normal. Taking two doses in the same cycle increase the side effects.

It's unlikely you are pregnant. When you'll get your period can vary.

Hi I took up to 6 tablets of prostinol 2 and for over a month now I haven't seen my period, what's wrong

Wat problems will I face when I take postinor 2 twice in a month?????

What problems or effects will I get when I take postinor 2 twice in a month??????

What is the effect of using postinor 2 and norethisterone at the same time? I want to prevent pregnancy and also delay my period at the same time... Can this work?

I use postinor 2 three times this week and also three times last month ....I notice my cycle was late and it normally stays 5 days however it only states 3 days and my nappies were so tender ..... is it ok to take it so regular

I took a single dose of postinor 2 on 13th dis month, I had unprotected sex before taken the second dose after 12hrs,should I go for another postinor 2, pls urgent response

I take postinor2 two times in February is it ok to take it again ?will it prevent me from getting pregnant ?

Thank for that,my problem is I took postinor2 four times in a month when I have sexual intercourse with my partner so my question is will I be pregnant but I have not seeing my menstration

can i take postinore 2 more tan twice a year?

It's not advisble but maybe it will work

You are experiencing the side effect so don't be scared buh be careful not to take too many of that