My mother has just been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. She is so desperate now and she can not make right what kind of treatment she will take. Her doctor thinks that she should try with Copaxone because it’s better then interferons when we speak about side effects. Copaxone vs interferons regarding side effects?

Copaxone is not interferon-based, so does not come with the flu-like symptoms. That was very important for me because I couldn’t stand these symptoms any more while I was taking Avonex. Also Copaxone not required monitoring for liver function and blood counts. So you don’t need to be worry about your liver damage.

You should always be concerned about your liver whenever you take in a new medication. We learned this the hard way with Copaxone. Have your liver checked regularly - regardless of what the doctors tell you or what the insurance company will pay for.