Hello! I have some questions about copaxone in pregnancy. I am diagnosed with remitting multiple sclerosis lately and I was diagnosed with MS on early stages and am prescribed copaxone and it’s been almost three months I’m taking these injections but two days ago I found out I’m 2 months pregnant and would like to keep the baby. So I’d like to hear of possible complications of taking copaxone in pregnancy and some other possible copaxone side effects.

Hi! I’m the proud mom of 9 months year old daughter and I’m the mom with MS that was on copaxone treatment while pregnant. So in my case there was no special copaxone side effects it seems like copaxone just did what he was supposed to- it decreased the frequency of relapsed attacks for I also suffer from relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. I think that there’s no case of premature birth or pregnancy loss in woman on copaxone treatment and it is also shown by the researches that copaxone doesn’t make any affect on unborn baby. But if you are allergic to mannitol you should avoid or even better stop taking copaxone. I also remember my doc told me to immediately stop having copaxone treatment if I experience sensations like loss of breath, lips, tongue or face swelling, or if I have chest pain, body rash, sweating, and dizziness. Also you may refer to your doc in case you have headaches followed by fever, nausea and vomiting, severe form of joints pain and muscle weakness.

I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been taking copaxone, Ihave a 20 month old and a 13 year old. I am worrired should i stop taking copaxone I do no want to relaspe. My partner is not the best off fathers I am worried about the night time as i will have two young children. I want to breast feed but am worried as i do not want to relaspe. What do  i do