Hello! I need some info about avonex drug side effects. My 57 years old mom is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and recently she was prescribed avonex. I don’t know if it could be related to avonex but since she started taking it she seems like have some depression signs so I’d like to hear of all the possible avonex drug side effects. Thanks much.

Hi there I suffer from MS for many years and I know for sure that avonex may provoke depression condition to occur in patients who uses it. And it is almost proved that in patients taking avonex high percent of depression and even suicide attempts is being present. So it is strongly recommended not to prescribe avonex if the patients already have the symptoms of depression for the effects might turn to be fatal. Anyway there’s a long list of avonex drug side effects and I’ll mention almost each of them-anaphylaxis, flu-like symptoms, hearth failure, autoimmune disorder, depression and suicide, psychiatric disorders, seizures, menstruation and abnormal bleeding, thyroid and warnings. So I was also prescribed avonex but I didn’t managed to trust it somehow I decided not to take it for these side effects but I’ll tell you what I’ve done- it’s been almost a year and a half now that I’m taking some natural organic product called Kallawalla that is in fact alternative treatment of MS that is directed in regulation of immune system in other words it regulates the cells that attacks central nervous system. I even got back to work and could walk almost normally now. I’ve improved so much my health condition even since I started using this alternative treatment and am so happy for I have found such a solution and managed to escape possible avonex drug side effects.

The side effects usually can be managed, I have been on Avonex for 6 years. She could be depressed, due to everything in general. Flu symtoms are awful for the first 24 hours, and now I am having hair loss. My doctor just changed my med to copaxone. Hope this helps.