I started to take Copaxone for multiple sclerosis few months ago. First I had a really strong flu like symptoms and since then I use paracetamol before Copaxone injection when I need to go somewhere that day. But recently I started to have terrifying nightmares. I think it’s happening because of Copaxone. Anyone else had nightmares from Copaxone?

Well, you probably know that the beginning of usage of these medications for MS is very hard. I had many side effects when I started to use Copaxone. I have never had problems with nightmares but my friend had. But he was taking Avonex then. I think that these nightmares will pass away soon. Good luck!

Been on copaxone for over 6 months and have consistently had disturbing dreams.

I have been on Copaxone for almost 3 months now and have also been having consistent bad/very strange dreams/nightmares. There are multiple per night. I believe it must be the Copaxone.

Yes...been on Copaxone for one year....within one to two weeks on the drug started having strange dreams EVERY NIGHT and it continues to this day.

MS4ME

I've been using Copaxone for almost 3years now and I don't get any nightmares from taking this therapy treatment, however I do wake up in the middle of the night shivering violently and teeth chattering, next to tears. It's so bad that it wakes my boyfriend up and he has to rub my back and calm me back to sleep. He tells me that I have not once ever been cold or even cool to the touch, and that I'm my usual normal body tempeature. It's weird and very random....but it's basically like I'm going into convulsions.

OMG...lemme tell you. I was diagnosed exactly a year ago and the three medications im on are Gabapentin, Xanax, and Copaxone. Well, i thought it was the Xanax, until i recently got off of it and im still having a combination of nightmares, and weird dreams...every single nite. And more thn one. Before my diagnosis, I very rarely had any type of dream let alone weird ones and night mares. Im wondering is this how its gonna be for the rest of my life? on the flip side...my fingers and hands arent numb constantly and I can touchthings again.

I started copaxone 16days ago. The last 2nights I have had very visual dreams. I remembered about 4 of them and tried to 

explain to my husband. We just laughed it off. Though I am glad not to be the only one who has experienced and shared. 

Thanks, Trish

I actually found this post because I have been on Copaxone for about 2 weeks the dreams are driving me crazy.  I wake up feeling exhausted like I haven't slept a wink and I think it's becaus of the crazy dreams.  And they aren't your regular run of the mill dreams, the are freaky far out strange dreams that make you think all day about them.  I have a call into the doctor about it now. 

so it is safe to take paracetamol if you are taking copaxone?

Male, 35 yo, ME. I've been taking Copaxone for 1 month now and a quick internet search brought me to this thread. I'm waking up several times per night because of nighmares. Luckily for me, I don't usually remember them, so I got to sleep soon afterwards. It's been my only secondary effect so far.

Been n Copaxone for 3 weeks and have nightly nightmares that wake me up, sometimes more than one a night! I feel a but sleep deprived but am lucky enough to be able to catch up at my leisure xx i presume it is the Cxpn xxx