i have a friend with benefits and we do a whole bunch of stuff together. i've gotten to 3rd base with him. he's asked me to give him oral sex but i'm kind of scared cause i don't know how to exactly, i have an idea but yea.
do you have any tips on how to ?

Cover your teeth with your lips, with your mouth in an "O" shape ‑- don't stretch your lips, though; keep them loose and soft. With one hand gripping the base of the shaft, make one smooth movement by sliding your (very wet) mouth over his erection, taking him as far into your mouth as is comfortable. Stay there for one to two seconds, then slowly slide back up to the top, making eye contact with him as you reluctantly remove your mouth. (If his eyes are rolling back into his head, you're off to a good start.) Then ‑- to his delight ‑- start again. Slide your mouth repeatedly up and down.

My advice is don't do it if your scared. Wait until you are comfortable and talk to him about how you feel.

getting oral sex is one of the most pleasurable feeling for a guy... trust me we men just love the thought of someone goin down on us.

Firstly remember that the tongue is the most useful thing during oral sex... treat your boy friends penis like a juicy lollypop.. keep alternating between sucking (not too hard), kissing and licking.

Start lickin with the tip of your tongue around the base of the penis and work your way up to the head.. pause here and play around a little here. Flick your tongue in all directions.

Swallow the entire penis in your mouth.. start sucking slowly and go up and down along the penis shaft. Increase pace gradually (avoid any contact wit teeth)... Also dont forget to play wit his balls... but be very very gentle with them.

Tug on them lightly and caress them while sucking his penis. Also lick them wit your tongue.... do this and trust me he will be cuming just the way you want him to. enjoy :-D

kuumar gave great advice. I also suggest, maybe not first taking him in, but instead, teasing him a little, moving your lips up the shaft on the side, licking the head, then start by only sucking on the head, and the rest of Kumar's advice is great after that. Maybe add a little stroking while sucking and you're good to go.