Okay so I am having trouble pulling or stretching my foreskin over my helmet. The skin gets thin and seems to burn, I am really stumped, I have never managed to get my helmet out so I don't know what I should or need to do (plus I am squeemish with my own body). can someone tell me about these 'stretching excersises so I can hopefully stop this. I am 14 and have a 2.4 inch penis as I haven't gone through puberty yet

Hi James,

It's normal.  Most young men can't pull their foreskin back until about age 16 or so.

Don't worry about it yet.  You can, if you want, use your fingers to spread the end of the foreskin open gently.  You can also pull down on the shaft with an erection and let the glans (head) widen the opening.

Take your time.  You're two years ahead of everyone.

Good luck.

Hi James Rogers:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.
You should thank your parents for keeping your foreskin intact because that means you can have sex the way nature intended.

It is not absolutely necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. However there is no scientific evidence one-way or the other.

It depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the help you need.