Hello, I'm 14 years old.

I am uncircumcised, with my foreskin covering the head of my penis, I believe I can get my foreskin back when I am soft, but I am nervous to do so. I cannot when I have an erection, is this a problem, should I be worried about having sexual intercourse with this situation, all help is appreciated.

Hi! It's probably a condition called phimosis, which means that the ring of skin around the end of your foreskin is too tight to let the skin pull back over the glans. If you can get it back when soft you probably only have a mild form of the condition. There are two ways you can treat this problem. But I would wait a little bit in your case. You are only fourteen years old and your body hasn't developed completely yet, so just leave it the way it is an reconsider the problem in couple of years, if still there is a problem. Circumcision has no known medical benefits. An uncircumcised penis requires no care until the boy can retract the foreskin, usually by age 4. You should simply wash the head of the penis with soap and water during your regular bath or shower just like any other part of the body.

Thank you for the fast reply, and you're right, I have only recently turned fourteen on October 11th. I just hope this doesn't effect my sexual intercourse in later life. I was talking to one of my friends from Australia, he said he has the same condition, and it's normal. He is 16.

Xvica:

It is indeed normal for boys and teens to have non-retractable foreskins. The condition is called "phimosis", which is a condition, NOT a disease. Do not worry about it.

However, you should start to stretch your foreskin so that it will retract when you are an adult.

Some guys have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen when your penis is erect. Gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the erect penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do not force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent.

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

You should thank your parents for protecting your physical integrity. Because of your physical integrity you will be able to have sex the way nature intended it.  

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. You are normal for your age. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract.

Some believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. However, there is no scientific evidence one-way or the other.  

To retract the foreskin, one must grab the foreskin on the shaft and pull it rearward. If the foreskin will not retract then you must consider leaving it as it is or doing stretching exercises. It depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight. It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it. When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain. It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work. The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider. Search the Internet for: “How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work” and you will find the information you need.