I have to ask because this has been bugging me, my foreskin doesn't retract over the head of my penis when fully erect, in fact it doesn't even come close, it covers the entire head of my penis and even if I pull as far back on my penis when masterbating (grabbing at the top and pulling all the way to the base) it still covers it completely, and I am afraid that it may effect my ability to father children or my ability to fully enjoy my sex life, I am also pretty sure that I also have Phimosis, that is a tight foreskin as well because if I really try to roll or pull my foreskin down while I have an erection it hurts like hell and I can't get much further than if I don't try to pull it down.

Hi Mimo,

This is common up to about age 16 or so.  

You can try this.  Otherwise you may need to see a urologist.  Hope it helps.

Hi Mimo:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated, protective foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin even though it does not retract. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid a harmful, injurious and painful circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

You are very fortunate to have parents that did not circumcise you. You have a whole, complete penis so you have sex the way nature intended it.

To retract the foreskin, one must grab the foreskin on the shaft and pull it rearward, but do not force it. If the foreskin will not retract then you must consider leaving it as it is or doing stretching exercises to make it retractable. You are fortunate to have a choice.

Having sex with a non-retractile foreskin depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight. It only hurts when a tight foreskin is forced back. In that case, it probably would be better to stretch your foreskin until it glides easily back and forth.

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some
believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. One just needs to see that your partner is well lubricated before you attempt penetration. One may need to add some personal lubricant if she does not lubricate.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. About 98 percent of foreskins become retractable by age 18.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. If you want your foreskin to retract (not everyone wants a retractable foreskin), then you can help it develop ability to retract by stretching it. Lots of guys do it. It works.

Topical steroid ointments are available by prescription. They thin the skin and make it more retractable. The most commonly use steroids are bethamethasone valerate 0.05% and clobetasol proprionate 0.05%. The ointment should be used in combination with a regime of twice daily stretching. You may also stretch without use of topical steroid ointment.

If you choose to stretch your foreskin, then the goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this several times a day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work. It may take several months to get to where you want to be.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.

I am 62 years old