I'm 13 and I can't pull my foreskin back. When I try it hurts and I don't know if somethings wrong with me! Pleass help - Chris

Hi Thatoneguy:

Nothing is wrong with you. You are normal for your age as a young teen.

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated, protective foreskin. Many circumcised guys would envy your foreskin even though it does not retract. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid a harmful, injurious and painful circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

You are very fortunate to have parents that did not circumcise you. You have a whole, complete penis so you have sex the way nature intended it.

To retract the foreskin, one must grab the foreskin on the shaft and pull it rearward, but do not force it. If the foreskin will not retract then you must consider leaving it as it is or doing stretching exercises to make it retractable. You are fortunate to have a choice.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. About 98 percent of foreskins become retractable by age 18.  

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. If you want your foreskin to retract (not everyone wants a retractable foreskin), then you can help it develop ability to retract by stretching it. Lots of guys do it. It works.

Topical steroid ointments are available by prescription. They thin the skin and make it more retractable. The most commonly use steroids are bethamethasone valerate 0.05% and clobetasol proprionate 0.05%. The ointment should be used in combination with a regime of twice daily stretching.

If you choose to stretch your foreskin, then the goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this several times a day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work. It may take several months to get to where you want to be.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need. 

Thank you very much, this helped a lot. I feel a lot better about it now! :)