has anyone been weaned off of lexapro to start using effexor xr? How long does it take to get back to feeling like myself?

I find it quite strange that they're weaning you off of Lexapro with Effexor XR. Anyways, it all depends upon how quickly they're weaning you off of it. But at a normal rate you should be back to normal in, oh about 5 weeks. That is just an approximation, don't take my word for it.

Sincerely,
A Stranger......

The withdrawls from Lexapro are AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been on 20 mg for a year. I wanted to try something else because of night sweats,decrease sex drive, and excessive sweating. Well dr. told me just to stop. I have had flu like symptoms,been sick to my stomach and the worst are "brain zaps" I have literally felt like I was gonna go crazy. It is called SSRI disontinuation and it is horrible. I have to stay off 2 weeks before I can try effexor but honestly I dont kow if I can. I hope your transition is alot smoother than mine!!!

I have to switch from Lexapro to Effexor because I need to start taking Tamoxifen. I've been on 20mg of Lexapro for about 7yrs. - My doctor is having me take 10mg of Lexapro w/ 37.5mg of Effexor for 5 days, then 5mg of Lexapro w/ 75mg of Effexor for 10 days, then go completely onto 150mg of Effexor. Maybe this would work for you?