I am on Effexor and Topamax and have been trying to quit smoking cigarettes desperately. When I go into withdrawal it is so severe I will cry uncontrollably, and get to the point of near suicide before my husband ends up getting me cigarettes because he can't take it anymore. I have only tried to quit cold turkey. Could the lack of nicotine interfere with the effexor? My withdrawal symptoms mimic those of when I forget to take the effexor. Help or advice would be appreciated.

You think you have problems quitting smoking? Wait until you try quitting the Effexor. Better smoke now and get a prescription to wean you off that drug as this is one bad drug to be hooked on. No one told us this, please read all that you can in the www.doctorslounge.com about qutting Effexor XR. I am also on Topamax all for pain management for back injury. This is not worth it. Please read that site and God Bless

I am struggling with exactly the same thing. I'm on 150mg Effexor & 50mg Topamax in the morning and 150mg Lamicton and 50mg Topamax at night. I really want to quit smoking and have tried everything but just cannot stand it. I am also very concerned about my health as I am only 24 years old and don't feel that I need all this medication...?

I am on Effexor for anxiety 150mg.
When I try to quit smoking I get the same " electric shock" sensation as missing a dose of Effexor.
I thought others might like to know this. Mike

I need answers for this too - on Venlafaxine 75mg and Depakote 125mg

Thank you. I'm on day 12 of cigarette/ nicotine withdrawal and feel the same sensation (like missing my dose of 150mg Effexor)... thanks for sharing. Does anybody know how long those sensations last for? Thanks