Hello there,
I was taking 150mg of Effexor XR for quite some time.

Recently I changed my job, so my insurance terminated. I could not afford buying Effexor anymore, so I decided to stop taking it. I went cold turkey 2 weeks ago...

On the beginning it was really bad, I wanted to scream and crawl on my knees to the Pharmacy and BEG them for one small pill...

Headaches, nausea, halucinations, brain zaps, problems with my stomach, shaky hands, ringing sound in my head, I could feel my blood going thru my veins, had disturbing double vision and feeling of freezing inside... I had it all, I went through hell with withdrawal syndrome!

Now it's almost 2 weeks after I'm done with it and it is somewhat better. I can go to work and actually do something... for first couple of days I was going to work and had bad panic attacks... but now it is getting better...

For all of you who suffer from withdrawal syndrome - there is a hope, even though on the beginning you think you're dying...
I still have headaches and some other discomfort, but it is so much better than it was!

Please people do NOT take Effexor, unless you tried something else and nothing worked for you... They say this drug has a little effect on you, but it is so addictive, you won't be able to have normal life even if you'll be late with your dose for couple of hours!!!
Believe me, I really regret I started taking it... but back then I had no idea what effexor is... neither had my doctor as I assume now...

Good luck to all of you,
Anna