Can you please tell me what the withdrawal symptoms of weaning off of Effexor XR are, specifically ones that may relate to vision changes and ear pressure? I have been tapering very gradually with the help of a psychiatrist but had been on Effexor since it was brand new on the market (most of those years on either 225 or 150mg/daily but for a short time even 300 mg/daily.) Thank you for your help. I am most appreciative.
Mary

Hi there, are you experiencing any vision or ear problems at all? I don't htink that there's anything like that associated with Effexor XR. Can you tell me if you're experiencing that?

I experience horrible "whooshing" noises at times that are very disturbing, especially when they happen at night because it keeps me from falling asleep. Sometimes it is more of a "puff" like air trying to escape. Shaking my head or tapping my ears does not help. I feel fortunate that these have not happened in the last 6 mos or so, forvwhich I am grateful. As for visual, it is hard to pinpoint my visual disturbances to just the Effexor since I am also on Topamax (but in process of getting off it). I have had INCREDIBLE visual disturbances : seeing super-legged black spiders , globes of light circling the circumfernce of my globes, just to name two. I thought I was going crazy. Eventually the spiders stopped, just show up once in a while. And the white globes rarely appear. I am going to get off this drug, in process of weaning because after beibg on it for aboutv10 years my body is addicted to it and Ibcan not go cold turkey. I ran out of the med one time and I went trough hell. To top things off, it is possible that it is responsible for my seriuos loss, so I will not be sorry to let go.