I`m 46 and have this annoying sleeping problem. I`m insomniac and recently heard about Melatonin. I like natural products, never been to a doctor with this sleep disorder problem, but now simply don`t know what to do. Should I try some meds, like Melatonin? I heard it`s practically nontoxic and exhibits no toxic side effects?

Hi, tried Melatonin to solve my insomnia problem and know about some side effects, such as headache or altered sleep pattern. Some mental or mood changes, itching, fast heartbeat and a feeling of heaviness in your head can occur. Also, if you take an overdose, or if you use Melatonin at the wrong time of day, it can cause some serious risks to your health, such as depression and disorientation.... And, of course, pay attention that Melatonin causes somnolence, so if you`re driver (and probably are), don`t take it within five hours before driving. Personally, I`ve experienced some bad headaches...